Tuesday, July 17, 2012

New School Year

I am sooooo excited about the new school year!  I'm also nervous about the new common core units that we are implementing this year though.  Oh well, I just have to hope for the best. 

I have started working in my classroom, and may I say that it is kinda overwhelming.  Once I get rid of all of the clutter, maybe I can see the floor.

A major part for the school year to start off on the right note is Open House.  An important focus of mine is to include parents in the education of their children.  I have attached an Open House brochure that I plan on giving parents (Dropbox document).  The brochure includes an introductory letter, a school supply list, details about the curriculum, and classroom expectations.  Hopefully, parents will find the brochure informative and helpful.

Brochure in Dropbox

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I'm Australia Stephens' mom, Terica. I would like to ask if I may send a snack for the class in celebration of Australia's 7th birthday on Thursday? Please offer suggestions and let me know how much to send. Thank you very much. By the way, this is an exciting way to share what is being learned at school!

    ReplyDelete